Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tessellations Part 2 (BAGS!)

This was probably by far, my favorite Design Art project so far.

We did this project right after the tessellations project, so sorry for the inconvienient order of posts.

I really loved the outcome of my bag. It was orange with leopard and feathered print as the tessellation, resembled a pumpkin, and sort of realistic. :D I'm not trying to be vain or self-centered or concieted, but i thought i did a really good job on this project. I'm really happy for it, because it gave me a chance to redo and expand on what i already know about tessellations, because I wasn't completely happy with my design. And, i can HONESTLY say i LOVE my bag. I'd truthfully wear that bag. With Pride. :O You'd see me strutting down the street with an epic bag, and be so jealous. You'd ask me where i got it, I'd say I made it, then you'd ask how i made it.


And this is what i would say:

Trace tessellations, the way you would with normal tessellations (see "tessellations" post.) and then trace them from a lightbox onto your bag. But first, sketch your bag, the way you want it to look, then pick places on that bag that you would like to tessellate. Then use a light box underneath your bag and trace. Voila!


*GASP* I just found out that there is no picture of my bag on the "Z" drive at this very moment. But do not worry, i have a video for you. :)

Enjoy! :D
Thanks to;
Amalia for making the video, you edited it REALLY well, so thankyou :D
Vanessa for working with me on this :D Your bag is amazing
Marshall for helping with this video, and filming it before it all got deleted.

My bag is the orange one (that i have) and Vanessa's is the one that she has.




No comments:

Post a Comment